Friday, July 20, 2012

Hmmmm . . .

. . . "humming" bird . . .

Now I KNOW the 'why' after 54 years!
Now I KNOW the 'why' for the name!
Now I KNOW . . . because I  realized when 'I listened' through my eyes and 'I saw' with my ears.

Yes . . . you've read this correctly and I've written as intended.

Today I was sitting outside in the quiet while centering my Spirit during a time that I was 'convinced' a full moon was upon us.  Well . . . no full moon, but . . .

I saw, from the corner of my eye, quick movement that suddenly ceased.  When I looked up I noticed the newly planted purple bushes (I don't know the name) and realized how very much they had grown and filled out. 

There, in the center of a still bush, I heard this 'humming' sound and found myself becoming tense.  I was reacting to the sound of, what I supposed were the wasps who are building new nests on a daily basis, and my fear of a sting (I am very allergic).  The reaction came and left abruptly when I saw a sheen of beautiful greens, blues & purples in the midst of the plant.  There 'it' was!  Yes!

The teeniest, tiniest and incredibly brilliant "humming" bird!

Ahhhhh . . . but of course!  54 years and another AH HA moment.  It doesn't get much better than this or does it!

Listening is an incredible thing - both from the eyes and the ears!

Hmmmmmmmmmm ! 

No comments:

Post a Comment