Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Memories . . .

   Today I was thinking about a young child who I spent much time with when his single mother was away on military business.  This little guy was bright, handsome, simple and intense.  While driving along one day, he says to me, "I remember when I was a sperm in heaven".  "Really!" I said.
   He continues on to tell me that before he was born and living in heaven, God asked him who he would like for his mother once he came to earth.  This child shared with me that he saw two women, one who looked sad and was wearing a bathrobe and the other who was younger, playing with children and looked happy.  He then goes on to say the following:
   "I saw the younger lady and thought I'd like to have her as my mom and we'd have lots of fun."  "Then I looked at the other lady in her bathrobe, the one who looked sad, and told God that I would pick her."  When I asked how he came to his decision, he told me that it was important to pick the sad lady because he knew that HE would bring her happiness and that the other lady was already happy.
   This year that child is 30 years old, engaged and doing well for himself.  The sad woman is happy and the happy woman is childless. 
   Who would have known the ending of a child's thoughts and ideas some 25 years later? Not I?

No comments:

Post a Comment