Wednesday, August 31, 2011

M. O. M. =

   M.O.M. = Miracles of Miracles!  Yep, that was my mom.  Seems the longer she is gone from this earth the closer she is in my soul, my person, my Spirit and all with Love.
   Today I went to our county fair (that's an entire other BLOG) and I always run into people I've not seen in a long time.  Today I ran into a couple I've known for over 30 years and they knew my parents.  After the greetings, hugs, how do's, etc., Dave says to me, "Waite (that's what he's always called me), you look just like your mom"!  Oh my - I came so close to tears.
   This is not the first time I've been told this and I'm certain not the last time.  The difference today was that his words were exactly what I was in need of hearing at the moment.  I, too, see a striking resemblance and take these words as a compliment.
   You see, my mom was a wonderful woman.  Deeply Spiritual. Compassionate.  Patient.  Giving.  Loving.  Empathetic.  Sympathetic.  Simple.  Honest.  True.  Humble.  Etc.,  Etc.,  Each day I miss her with an incredible ache and pain that goes beyond description really.  These were her greatest qualities.  She also was a woman of little wants and needs.  She was simple.  She did not wear make-up.  She was always crisp and clean.  She had a wonderful smile, pretty teeth and sparkling eyes.
   I, too, have been told I have these qualities.  I, too, have been told my appearance is very similar in the simplicity of style.  My smile is pretty, genuine and my eyes sparkle!
   Some years ago I awaken during the night and wrote a poem that I cherish.  I cannot remember all of the words but I do remember the last line:
I looked in the mirror
and who did
I see
?
My M.O.M.
looking
back
at me
!
   Indeed, she is gone from this world.  Indeed, she LIVES in me, through me, with me - forever!  She was a Miracle of Miracles and taught me to believe the same.
   We are ALL Miracles.  ALWAYS!  Today, yesterday and tomorrow!  LOVE you mom and MISS you like crazy!  Hugs to you and dad until we meet again!

No comments:

Post a Comment