Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Perseverence

   Many years ago as I celebrated my birthday with a close family of friends, 'wishes' were passed from each to the celebrant.  A small child, 6 years of age, said to me, "Michele, I wish for you perseverance."
I replied with a thank-you and a stunned look upon my face.  Perseverance!  What was perseverance, what did it mean, and where did this little kid learn such a big word?  I could not wait until I was able to access a dictionary and look up the definition of this word hoping I was able to even spell it. I was able to do this and have spent many days since that time persevering many things!
   Why is this so important today as it was then?  I've decided that unless I continue to seek out the truth of who I am, my purpose in life and go forward - this birthday wish had no meaning.  So, I continue on and push the thoughts away of age, physical ailments, money, etc. to attain what it is that I know to be my truth, purpose and self.
   No matter what often seems to be unattainable in the end I must remember that each day I let pass I lose and waste.  Today is the day I must start at my beginning!  I must persevere what is so very important to me.  Baby steps.  Little by little.  Never giving up or giving in.  I will DO IT!  I WILL persevere.
   WHY?  Because I MUST!

No comments:

Post a Comment