Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Heaven !

Recently I had a flashback of a wonderful memory that really never leaves me.  I thought it powerful enough to share her.  Here is my story from the memory of a 53 year old of the experience of a child.

When I was 3 years old I went to a parent co-op nursery school.  Being a parent co-op, my mom volunteered mornings with us.  One morning she came to awaken me to prepare for school.  I awoke with a start, hysterical, angry and crying.  She had taken me away from a place I wish to share with you.  She sat with me and asked her to tell her the story.  This is what I told her, as clear as if it were yesterday.

'Twas a very warm and loving place filled with many things
I cannot remember seeing any faces
I still remember the sense of Spirit and of the God I knew as a 3 year old child
I was held in someones or somethings embrace
It was a very quiet and peaceful place filled with beautiful colors
In the silence and quiet
I could hear EVERYTHING quite clearly
I felt as though I knew everything there was to ever know
The place was amazing and beautiful and busy
In it's stillness
Relaxing, pleasant, etc.
I KNEW that I was just a baby but I also was full of WISDOM
I went to that place a few times and have prayed to be taken at other times
I KNOW I experienced HEAVEN
Not in a dream
Not in my imagination
I really believe, to this day, that God invited me to His Kingdom
Sot that I would KNOW
I ALWAYS had a place
Even at that young age
I was fearful for the death of my mom, of losing her
Yet, when I was with her as she lay dying
I remembered this place
HEAVEN
I KNEW then as I KNOW now
Without a shadow of a doubt
That HEAVEN exists and that
There is NO HELL
Other than what we live in today.

I offer you this same sense and that perhaps, we can all experience a bit of HEAVEN in our daily HELLS.

The mind of a child is precious and so simply in any complex (?'s) !



No comments:

Post a Comment